Harry's Queen protection claim 'may have been sparked by Prince Andrew
June 4, 2022
‘s claims he is making sure is ‘protected’ may have been sparked after seeing Prince Andrew escorting Her Majesty to Prince Philip’s memorial, Buckingham Palace aides have claimed.
The Duke of Sussex, 37, claimed last week that he was making sure his grandmother has ‘the right people around her’ in an interview with US TV host Hoda Kotb from the Invictus Games in The Hague.
Some royal watchers first took his comments as a dig at his father and brother, branding his ‘delusional’, while others said he may have been taking aim at private secretary Sir Edward Young or esenyurt escort her dresser Angela Kelly.
However, insiders at Buckingham Palace have now claimed it was instead aimed at , who has been embroiled in scandal due to his friendship with late paedophile financier .
Share this article
They also said the Duke of York is trying to keep a low profile after the enormous damage that he has done to the monarchy so Palace officials were determined to deflect Harry’s comments away from him.
Harry’s interview with NBC attracted a wave of criticism from royal watchers and fans.
Harry’s interview with NBC attracted a wave of criticism from royal watchers and fans. He is pictured in the Hague with wife Meghan
Royal biographer Tom Bower said: ‘He is not only targeting Charles and William but also Edward Young, her private secretary.’
Mr Bower added that Harry’s full demands have been ‘rebuffed’ and that his NBC interview was a way of ‘hitting out’ at those standing in the way of promoting the Sussex’s self-promotion.
Prince Andrew has been condemned worldwide for his close friendship and association with deceased paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
Prince Andrew’s association with Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell has been widely criticised around the world. He reached a multi-million pound settlement with an Epstein victim earlier this year, Virginia Giuffre
But the Queen is said to have been more forgiving about his relationship with him.
It comes after Andrew earlier this year agreed a multi-million pound settlement with Virginia Giuffre.
Ms Giuffre had accused him of sexually abusing her on three separate occasions, including when she was 17.
The Duke of York has repeatedly denied the accusations.